août 3, 2009
Dimitri KRAVTCHUK nous démontre, avec une batterie de tests, les évolutions en matière de performance apportées par MySQL 5.4:
- Huge performance improvement on InnoDB engine!
- MySQL 5.4.0 /Perf Version seems to be the most performant InnoDB implementation for the moment! (only except on the Read-Only workload @8cores where InnoDB plugin-1.0.3 is leading!)
- MySQL is outperforming PostgreSQL on my tests now!
- Regarding scalability, get a look at 8 vs 16 cores graphs, and you’ll see it’s the big step forward – no performance degradation on 16 cores is a very positive sign! and there is only 3 months distance between tests!
- LOCK_open needs a fix ASAP!
- Analyzing my test results, it’s too early to say InnoDB is scaling up to 16 cores, but the test results on 16 cores are already outperforming 8 cores, and I’m absolutely sure now – very quickly it’ll perform even better! so see you soon! )